Engleside is about people finding meaning in life by our relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We have recognized that God loves us and that He has a special purpose for each of our lives that will bring us fulfillment and happiness. We know that He loves you and is ready to bring meaning to your life, just like He did ours. In today's world of uncertainty and instability, our preaching and teaching emphasize the stabilizing truths found in God's Word, the Bible.
Our preachers and teachers strive to apply those truths in a practical way to everyday life. We enjoy learning how to read and understand the Bible more effectively. And our teachers are willing to tackle the everyday challenges of life such as marriage, parenting, stress management, and finances. Those who learn God's patterns of life in the Bible and apply them to their lives, learn the life-changing principles of divine truth backed by divine power. They find the answers to life's ultimate questions!
When you have finished visiting us on our web page, why don't you come and visit with us on Sunday morning and see what it is all about? We have programs for all ages. We have a nice clean nursery. We have Bible studies for toddlers, children, teens, college and career, and adults. We have a youth group for teens, a Christian Day School (Pre-K - 6th grade), and men and women groups. We have something just for you!
Come and get to know us, and let us have the privilege of getting to know you.
Brad Lapiska, Senior Pastor
- Service Opportunity
- Drivers are needed through the fall to take Jennifer Smith to various doctor's appointments. Driver must be able to pick her up, take her to the appointment and wait for her, then bring her home. If you can help, please give your name and phone number to her deacon, Ryan Wise (or Shannon).
- Transitions in Ministry
Please be aware of and praying about the following transitions and needs that are occurring in our ministry:
- Jamison Coppola has been appointed by the deacons to fill out Nathan Oppman's term as deacon. Deacon elections are scheduled for January.
- Tiffany French will be taking over as Ministry Secretary from Peg Lapiska. The transition will occur in late July and August.
- Victor Soto is moving after serving as Church Treasurer for 30 years. Pray for a member (male or female) with financial skills who would be willing to oversee the finance for the congregation. If you are interested in serving in this ministry, please see Pastor Lapiska.
- Ladies' Fellowships
- See the Bulletin Board for fun pictures of recent ladies'
activities. Maybe you would like to attend the Ice Cream Social?
- There is nothing better than cold ice cream sprinkled with fun and friends! Make plans to join us for an Ice Cream Social on Thursday, August 6th at 7:00 p.m. at the home of Karen Katzberg: 6800 Corder Lane, Alexandria, VA 22079. If you are new to our church, please come and meet some new friends.
- Men's Prayer Breakfast – August 1st at 8:00 a.m.
Men and their sons are invited to EBC Chef Al Katzberg's house for an hour of good food, fellowship, and prayer. There is a sign-up sheet on the Welcome Desk with the address information.
- Deacon Nominations
Beginning August 2nd, church members are invited to nominate men who are members to serve in the office of deacon. Acts 6:1-4 establishes deacons to free pastors for study and prayer by tending to the needs of the congregation. Nominees are to be spiritual men of good reputation and qualified according to 1 Timothy 3:8-13. Please give your nomination in writing to any pastor or deacon. Nominees will be "vetted" for willingness to serve and qualifications before being placed on the January Annual Business Meeting ballot.